What You Need to Know
At Risky Business Shrimping and Crabbing Charters, our top priorities are for you to have a good time and enjoy a safe trip. Whether you are a seasoned fisherman or a beginner, you will feel at home on our boat. Our half-day charters cater to all ages — parents, grandparents, young children, teenagers, the guys and the gals alike. Bookings can also be made at the ticket booth for Captain Johnny's Dolphin Tours located behind the parking lot at the end of Budleigh Street at 400 Queen Elizabeth Avenue, Manteo.
Daily, May through September
Early Morning Charter: 6 to 9 a.m.
Mid-Morning Charter: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Early Afternoon Charter: 1 to 4 p.m.
Late Afternoon Charter: 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
3-hour trip: $500
A deposit is required to hold your reservation, and the balance is due after completion of your charter.
Shallowbag Bay Marina
1100 S. Bay Club Drive, Manteo, NC
Below Stripers Restaurant
- Necessary licenses
- All the shrimping & crabbing equipment, gear and bait you'll need
- Coolers and ice to store your catch on the boat
- Life preservers for children and adults
- All necessary safety gear
We Suggest You Bring:
- Small cooler with drinks and snacks for your trip
- Layers of clothing and possibly a rain coat, as the weather can change during your trip and temperatures are usually cooler on the water than on land
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
- Camera and any personal items you may need
- A large cooler to take home your catch. You can buy ice at the marina.
- A tip for the mate
Trips may be cancelled by the captain due to high winds and rough sea conditions. Refunds cannot be made in advance. Cancellations within three weeks prior to the trip will only be refunded at the captain's discretion. If you need to cut your trip short due to seasickness or time constraints, no refunds are issued.